Daddy & me

Daddy & me

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Time Well Spent


I must say it has been quite a journey completing my masters in Early Childhood Education.  I had my doubts about on-line education when I first started, but I can say I have learned a lot and am now a fan.

I have learned a great deal from my journey.  I have learned about myself that I am disciplined and committed to my profession in the early childhood field.  I have worked hard and have been diligent in my approach to learning. I have gained a great deal of insight from the research papers and articles that I have read due to this program.   Remaining knowledgeable about the issues and trends in this field is very important.  The research that is conducted is valuable to know, it helps me in the classroom.  I have also learned how fragile young children are and that my commitment to teach them is a very important job.    I realize that my input in their lives is invaluable and makes a difference for them in the future.   Lastly I learned that my colleagues/classmates are an invaluable tool to my learning.  I gained a great deal of insight from reading your discussion and blog posts.

I would like to become part of an initiative that is focused on helping families living in poverty.  I can see myself working to eradicate poverty from the lives of young children and their families.  There is an organization here in Georgia that is impacting the poor; I think I will join their efforts to combat poverty in the lives of people. 

I would like to say a special thanks to Dr. Teri and to all of my colleagues.  I wish all of you the best in your future endeavors.

1 comment:

  1. Fawn,

    I too have learned alot about myself during this course. I have become very disclipined and committed to serving children and families to the best of my ability. All the resources we have gathered during our courses here at Walden will help us to make wonderful connections with early childhood professionals around the world. Best of luck to you in the future!

    ReplyDelete