Daddy & me

Daddy & me

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Job/Roles in the ECE Community: National/Federal Level


The first organization that I found was NAEYC the National Association for the Education of Young Children.  This organization was founded in 1926 and their work is in behalf of young children ages birth to eight years old.   NAEYC sets standards of excellence for programs and teachers in early childhood education.  This site offered one position that I might be interested in Accreditation coordinator.  This position is in Washington, DC.  The responsibilities include working with program administrators and decision makers through the process of accreditation.  BA in Early Childhood Education/Child Development, 3-5 years experience in the field of early childhood education and a sound understanding of its practices is required.  Experience with high quality programming and NAEYC accreditation is a plus.  Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, MS Office and database skills are required. 

The next organization I found was the Council for Professional Recognition.  The mission of this organization is to promote improved performance and recognition of professionals in the early childhood education of children aged birth to 5 years old.  The council administers the Child Development Associate (CDA) national credentialing program.  This organization did not have any job listings.

The last organization that I found is the National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators (NAECTE).  Their purpose states to promote the professional growth of members, to discuss educational issues specific to membership and to advocate for improvement in early childhood teacher education.  NAECTE’s job link has several postings for instructors.  They are looking for someone to teach adults Early Childhood Education in a college setting.  I would not be qualified for this position I would need to acquire teaching experience teaching adults.

 

Reference:



Council for Professional Recognition http://www.cdacouncil.org

2 comments:

  1. Fawn,

    You listed some great resources. I have not heard much of the Council of Professional Recognition. It seemed like a great organization and I look forward to reviewing the website to learn more.







    ReplyDelete
  2. Fawn,
    I enjoyed the organizations you picked. The NAECTE seems really interesting. I enjoyed reading about their purpose. Great resources. I look forward to checking them out in details.

    ReplyDelete