Daddy & me

Daddy & me

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Final Blog Assignment

It has been a very interesting 8 weeks.  I have grown in my knowledge about the field of Early Childhood and have a handle on some major issues in this field.  I have learned from my classmates and their blogs and discussions and have received different perspectives on subject matter.  I would like to thank everyone in the class.

The three consequences of learning about the international early childhood field professional and personal development has been a new enlightenment regarding subject matters that directly affect me and those that don’t affect me.  I have gained a perspective that early childhood education is not just in my classroom.  There are issues that other countries are dealing with that requires a solution and I might be the person to resolve that issue.  I think gaining international contacts helps each person grow in the field as well as personally.  I did not receive a response from my international contacts, but participating in the podcasts and exploring international websites has helped be become sensitive to some of the issues being felt around the world, such as gender gaps, poverty, and illiteracy.  I have also gained a clearer vision in terms of advocacy.  I set a goal when I began my course work to involve myself in advocacy.  I saw the benefits of it professionally and personally.  I now know what area I would like to advocate.  I would like to advocate regarding the war on poverty.  I did not know how devastating the statistics were regarding children of poverty.  I would like to begin my work once I have completed my Master’s coursework.

One goal for the field related to international awareness of issues would be to continue to read and research international sites.  In order to stay abreast of pressing issues and or solutions that other countries are developing.  Many other countries are dealing with some of the same problems we are here in the United States and it is very interesting to find out how they are dealing with the same problems. 


No comments:

Post a Comment